Welcome to the Game Developer Academy 2022!
This program is for 13 – 18 year old students. It will run starting June 20 until July 7, 2022.
This summer academy will guide you through an exciting journey of video game creation. Where
by the end of it, you will have your own game created and ready to impress the
world by it!
- Age group: 13 to 18 year old.
- Accepting applications from all around the world!
- Program duration: June 20 – July 7, 2022 [3 weeks, 4 days a week].
- Session duration: 3 hours [times TBD].
- Delivery mode: Online (on Discord).
- Program language: English.
- Registration fee: $99 (fee waiver scholarship application available here). The program fee will be paid after passing the application.
- Seats are limited!
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is this program free?
No. Accepted students will be required to pay a fee of 99 USD (roughly 360.5 Qatari Riyals) to reserve a seat and complete their registration. This fee will include the software license costs. For fee waiver scholarships, apply here.
2. What is the format of the program?
To prepare for this program, volunteer instructors with various tech backgrounds were taught and trained by a professional game developer. Each instructor will teach a group of about 20 students. The program will be held online on a Discord server dedicated for the students and their instructors.
3. What are the program learning outcomes?
Throughout the program, students will gain better understanding of the following concepts:
- Decomposition and Pseudocode
- Inputs and outputs
- Events and Actions
- Data types and global variables
- Audience types
- Project lifecycle
- Computational thinking
- Compound conditional statements
- Functions and procedures
- Using libraries
- Improvements and feedback for software projects
4. What do I need to participate?
You need a laptop (or desktop), access to internet, and Discord installed.
About the organizers
The Game Developer Academy is organized by the Computing Hub, an initiative under Hamad Bin Jassim (HBJ) Center for K-12 Computer Science Education at Carnegie Mellon University Qatar. For inquiries or support, contact us here or at email@example.com.
Follow us on: